Features and benefits of Solar Orbital System's GTAW orbital welding Dragon weld head: Orbital welding, narrow groove welding, heavy wall welding, automatic welding on pipe wall thicknesses of 6 inch, flat and curved surface welding straight and flexible track welding exotic materials, liquid cooled torch, narrow groove torch, AVC (Arc Voltage Control), a telescoping AVC/Torch, torch oscillation, electric torch center steering, ability to weld in forward & reverse directions, 6 inch of AVC stroke, high speed wire feed, hot wire kit, ID Skate, an oscillator interchange kit, welding video capability, 1 Inch welding oscillation, wire feed from either side of torch, available in hot wire version, available with standard TIG, hot wire TIG or narrow groove TIG Torch.
- 500 Amp Liquid Cooled Torch
- AVC (Arc Voltage Control)
- Torch Oscillation
- Welds clockwise & counterclockwise
- Front end mechanical extensions
- Dovetail slide adds additional AVC adjustment
- Current Rating: 500 Amps @ 100% Duty Cycle
- Maximum Travel Speed: 20 IPM
- Maximum Wire Speed: 200 IPM
- Adjustable Oscillation Width: up to 1 Inch
- OD Pipe sizes: 2" and up
- ID welding capable
- Flat & curved surface welding
- Wire feeds from either side of torch (dual wire feed capable)
- Pipe wall thickness 0.125" - 6" (w/appropriate accessories)
- Available with standard 500 Amp TIG or optional narrow groove TIG Torch (Use with 4" or 8" wire spool)
- Extension Cables: 50 ft (up to 3 extensions can be used depending on application)
- Low Profile AVC attachments
- Narrow groove torch
- ID Skate w/adaptor kit
- Oscillator interchange kit
- Video kits
- J-Box interface converters
- Special Gas Cup
- Weight with cables: 55 lbs
- Weldhead cable length: 35'
- Filler wire size range: 0.030" - 0.045"
- AVC stroke (electrical): 6"
- AVC stroke (mechanical): Add additional stroke with 6" Dove Tail
- OSC cross stroke (electrical): 1.8"
- OSC stroke (mechanical): 6"